Weapons, armor, and jewelry may all be upgraded. Shields and armor require sunstones and may only be upgraded to a maximum of +10. Weapons require sunstones however Ultimate Weapons require shining oricalkum and can be upgraded to +20. Jewelry requires moonstones and may be upgraded to a maximum of +20. You can safely upgrade weapons, armor and jewelry up to +3. +1 and +2 are 100% success, +3 may fail but item will not break(upgrade materials are lost).
Safe Upgrade option
This quick, easy and safe way to upgrade your equipment, is a nice edition to upgrading options. This upgrade tool may be used for Armor, Weapons and Shields. Simply select Safe Upgrade from (Upgrade Specialist) BoBoChan's drop down menu and the upgrading window will open. First add your item for upgrading into the appropriate slot, then select the level desired. (If you want max level do not change the number.) Then to add upgrading materials simply double click for 1 at a time entry or press "Shift" button and double click for auto fill. This option will fill all 10 slots at once.
Note the if you do not have enough Scroll of SProtect the system will stop when you run out of Scroll of SProtect. System will not attempt upgrade without scroll present. You may use Scroll of Smelting up to +7. When this level is acquired system will automatically remove Scroll of Smelting and continue in upgrade process.
Armor Upgrading Old Style
Armor Upgrading Tools
Follow these directions to upgrade your armor.
- Make sure the armor that is being upgraded is not in use.
- (This step is recommended but not necessary).If you wish to use a Scroll of SProtect to keep your armor safe while upgrading. You will first need to activate the SProtect before doing the upgrade. So Double-click on the Sprotect
- Double-click on the Sunstone. Once this is done, a hammer and anvil show up above the head. This shows that you have a Sunstone in use.
- Click on the piece of armor that you wish to upgrade.
- In your inventory, after you click on it, it will show the item as flashing with green lines. This shows that you are upgrading this piece of armor.
- After waiting a couple of seconds, it will tell you if the process was a success or a failure. (Failure can lead to your armor being destroyed if no SProtect was used.)
|Upgrade Level||Accuracy||Block||Health Points||Magic Power||Stats|
What are these bonuses?
- Accuracy: the chance of hitting an enemy.
- Block: the changes of blocking attacks from enemies.
- Health Points: the amount of health available.
Example: If you have 2000 HP, and put on a +10 set, your health will be 2400. (2000+400)
Example: Elementor deals a basic Fire damage of 2000 to a Wind creature and your items have an Upgrade Level of 5, your new damage becomes 2000 + 100
- Stats: points added to all your stats. (STR,STA,DEX, and INT)
Example: If you have 15 STR, 15 STA, 15 DEX, and 15 INT, and you put on a +5 set, you will have +16 STR, INT, DEX, and STA. An upgraded set of +10 would have 18 in each stat, instead of 15.
Along with the bonuses, upgrading armor creates a glow around the player.
How to obtain the glows shown above.
- Requires all four parts of the set to be upgraded to +3 or higher.(Helmet, Suit, Gauntlet and Boots must all be upgraded)
- To achieve the +3 glow effect all parts must be upgraded to +3, to achieve the +4 glow effect all parts must be upgraded to +4 etc.
- If the parts of the set have different upgrade states then the lowest upgrade will prevail.(eg. Helmet+9, Suit+9, Gauntlet+9, Boots+3 will give the +3 glow effect and NOT the +9 effect)
- It does not matter if parts belong to different sets as long as it has been upgraded to +3 or higher.(eg. Misty Helmet+3, Merr Suit+3, Merr Gauntlet+3 and Merr Boots+3 will give the +3 glow effect.)
- It is safe to upgrade up to +3, Sprotect should be used for upgrading past +3 as upgrading past +3 may result in failure.(Sprotects prevent the item from breaking if an upgrade fails. It DOES NOT prevent failure of the upgrade itself)
Weapon Upgrading Old Style
Weapon Upgrading Tools
Like armor, weapons may be upgraded using sunstones. A Scroll of SProtect must be used to prevent the weapon from being destroyed during an upgrade greater than +3. Weapons are allowed to upgraded to a maximum of +10. Unique weapons (with a level requirement of 60 or greater) may be converted to ultimate weapons once they are upgraded to +10.
- Make sure the weapon and the sunstone you wish to upgrade with, are in your inventory.
- If using a Scroll of SProtect, be sure to activate it by double-clicking it before attempting an upgrade. Make sure the SProtect Scroll icon has appeared on your screen.
- If using a Scroll of Smelting, be sure to activate it by double-clicking it before attempting an upgrade. Make sure the Scroll of Smelting icon has appeared on your screen.
- Double-click on the Sunstone in your inventory, then click on the weapon you're upgrading.
- Lights will appear over your head, and after a few seconds, a message will appear on your screen telling of the success, or failure, of the upgrade.